Blue Arbor - Escambia County Board of County Commissioners
2020 – Present
- Install, setup, monitor, and maintain computer network systems.
- Troubleshoot and support malfunctioning hardware, software, and other network components.
- Manage hardware and software configurations for improved performance and security.
- Develop security standards and best practices based on controls and assessment procedures.
- Compile and produce reports related to security issues and trends.
Co-Founder and Vice President
Information Security Network
2019 – Present
- Acting Chief Information Security Officer.
- Acting Chief Technology Officer.
- BSides Pensacola Committee Vice President, Security Officer, and Technical Lead.
VPS Administrator and Webmaster
2012 – Present
- Manage Linux and Windows Virtual Private Servers on both third-party service providers and local ESXi installations.
- Administer various GNU Linux and Windows stacks running services such as Docker, BIND DNS, Apache/NGINX/IIS, Dovecot/Postfix, MySQL/PostgreSQL/Microsoft SQL, PHP/PHP-FPM, Ruby, and Python.
- Secure servers by mixing a wide range of techniques for hardening web facing services with Fail2Ban, ModSecurity Rulesets, iptables, ClamAV, and SpamAssassin.
- Develop and deploy websites and web based applications for both profit and nonprofit endeavors using a wide range of open source technologies such as WordPress, Ghost, OwnCloud/NextCloud, RoundCube, SquirrelMail, SeaFile, Syncthing, GitTea, and Mastadon.
Pensacola State College
2018 – Present
Pensacola State College’s Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity is build on the eight fundamental domains identified by ISC2’s Certified Information Security System Professional (CISSP) Certification. Graduates of this degree program who enter from the Associate in Science in Cybersecurity are prepared to earn 17 industry leading certifications. These certifications have been identified by industry partners worldwide as highly desirable in employees and provide quantifiable knowledge and skills in specific technologies. Throughout the program, students work in a hands-on environment that reinforces theoretical concepts and enables them to apply knowledge in real-world scenarios. The program curriculum includes upper level course in database, cloud, and operating system security in addition to risk management, ethics, and security testing.
Training Officer - Cyber Defense Club
- Developed training programs for guiding students in passing industry-leading certifications such as CompTIA’s Security+.
- Lead interactive training sessions to further develop core Cybersecurity and Penetration Testing competencies.
- Orchestrated hands-on labs for completing Penetration Testing exercises on platforms such as Hack the Box.
- Trained teams for participation in local and nationwide competitions such as ITEN Wired’s Cybersecurity Competition and the National Cyber League, placing 54th and 48th in the nation amongst other colleges and universities during fall 2018 and spring 2019 respectively.
- Designed the club’s website and established a knowledge base for organizing documentation, labs, tutorials, and training resources.
- Pensacola State College Cyber Defense Club
- National Technical Honors Society
- National Cybersecurity Student Association.
Honors and Awards
- 2020 Mathematics and Computer Science Department Academic Scholar.
- 2019 ITEN Wired Cybersecurity Competition Participant.
- 2018-2020 Four Time National Cyber League Gold Bracket Finalist.